1. It is important for everyone to learn English well in our rapidly developing world.
2. The harder you work at it, the more progress you will make.
3. If everyone makes a contribution to protecting the environment, the world will become much more beautiful.
4. The best way to remember new words is to practice them everyday.
5. The atmosphere in my family is fantastic.
6. The reason why people choose to live in the city is that the life is more convenient and colorful.
7. I had a great first impression of American people.
8. We have lots of confidence in our ability to solve any problem.
9. With the rapid development of modern technology, the Internet has become a necessary part of our daily life and work.
10. You should read as many books as you possibly can.
11.China is becoming more and more prosperous because of the reform and “opening up” policy.由于实施了改革开放政策，中国变得更加繁荣了。
12. We all need clean air to breathe; we all need clean water to drink; we all need green places to enjoy.我们都需要呼吸清新的空气，我们都需要饮用洁净的水，我们都需要享受绿地。
13. Let’s work together to make our world a better place.让我们一起努力把世界变得更加美好。
14. We should make full use of our time to do useful and productive things.我们应该充分利用好时间去做有用的、富有成效的事。
15. We should get into the good habit of using our time wisely.我们应该养成明智利用时间的好习惯。
16. What I really want to know is whether he will go abroad next month?我的确想知道的是，他是否会在下个月出国。
17. Television is harmful to developing minds.电视不利于开发心智。
18. Children usually have far more potential than their parents have realized.孩子们都有很大的潜能，而父母却没有意识到这一点。
19. In the past 10 years, great changes have taken place in our school.在过去的10年里，我们学校发生了巨大的变化。
20. People who spend more time with their families are usually healthier and happier.那些花更多时间和家人在一起的人通常会更健康更幸福。
21. The job was hard, which made me so tired that I almost quit half way.这份工作太辛苦，差点使我半途而废。
22. The Red Star Television Factory, which produces TV sets of quality, was set up in the 1980’s.生产高品质电视的红星电视机厂，始建于1980年。
23. The E-reading room, where we can send e-mails to all parts of the world, is open to both teachers and students.
24. I feel I will be fit for the job needed in your company.我感觉我会是你们公司所需要的人。
25. The number of workers and engineers has risen to over 2000, and 80% of them are college graduates.工人和工程师的数量已超过了2000人，而且他们有80%都是大学学历。
26. There is an increasing tendency that students own their mobile phones on campus.在校园内，学生拥有手机的趋势在不断增长。
27. Now in the rural areas, there are many children out of school. I think one of reasons is that their families are too poor to afford their schooling.现今，在农村地区有很多孩子失学。我认为原因之一就是他们的家庭太贫困，以至于无法供应他们上学。
28. People should pay more attention to the education of children because they will play a very significant /important part/role in the future of our country.人们应该增加对儿童教育的重视，因为他们会在祖国的未来扮演重要的角色。
29. In 2008, you will see Beijing as beautiful as a garden, with cleaner water and clearer sky.到2008年，我们会看到北京像花园一样，有着更加清澈的河水和更加碧透的天空。
30. How nice to hear from you again.能再次收到你的来信真是太好了。
31. Your early reply will be highly appreciated.
32. If you have any questions or requests, please let me know.
33. No matter what you do in the future, English will always be important.
34. Nothing is more important than to receive education.
35. There is no doubt that playing video game is going to be their biggest problem for students to affect study.
36. Obviously, it is high/about time that we took some effective measures to solve the problem.
37. Since he went to senior high school, he has worked very hard.
38. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
39. Smoking has a great influence on our health.
40. As a proverb says, /As is well known to us, storms make trees take deeper roots.
41. It is a great honor for me to introduce to you one of my very best friend, Liu Xiang.
42. Coming from a family of English teachers, she always had a particular interest in English.
43. I have fully realized that English is essential to my future.
44. I suppose electronic dictionaries are convenient, but lead to laziness.
45. In conclusion, the advantages of studying abroad outweigh its disadvantages.
46. Now, I think it is really successful experience, and I totally understand what labor means.
47. From this earthquake, I realized that the power of the mass is endless.
48. If you have spare time to visit my hometown, I’d be more than happy to be your guide.
49. Nowadays, both teachers and parents worry a great deal about the student’s using the Internet.
50. Views on the issue vary from person to person.
51. We are blessed with new opportunities and faced with new challenges.
52. Thank you for your consideration.
53. I really appreciate what you’ve done for my family and me.
54. We will never forget the happy days we spent together.
55. Many people are becoming aware of the importance of exercising.
56. The talk will be given at the Lecture Hall on Oct.12 th, starting at 3:30 p. m.
57. Students should know how to take advantage of their time.
58. I got sick and tired of doing the routine work day after day.
59. Conquering English is not different from conquering a great mountain; both of them require determination, courage, and perseverance.
60. I’m disappointed in the performance of our team at the sports meeting.
61. I’m very satisfied with what we have achieved so far.
62. The city is located on the banks of the Long River.
63. I’m very glad to have received the letter you sent me two weeks ago.
64. I’m writing to request more information about the day tour to London.
65. Recently, our class have had a heated discussion about whether it is necessary for middle school students to carry mobile phones to school.
66. I wonder if you could tell me more about the trip.
67. It is certain that if there are fewer people driving, there will be less air pollution.
68. I personally feel that teacher is the most important profession in the world.
69. We can’t imagine what the world is going to be without purified water.
70. I was walking east along Park Road when an elderly man came out of the park on the other side of the street.
71. In the big city, there are more schools and hospitals are available for its people.
72. Some people think that we should read extensively.
73. In my opinion, you should come back after you finish you study abroad.
74. For another reason, I think it will be much more convenient for you to look after you parents as they are getting old.
75. Classes in our school usually finish at four in the afternoon.
76. I am so sorry that I won’t be able to attend tomorrow’s lecture on American history.
77. While 25 minutes is spent on sports, only 12 minutes goes into housework.
78. Maybe you forgot you spent the money on something else yesterday afternoon.
79. Good habits are the crosscut to success.
80. I was deeply moved by the young boy, because I know Lei Feng is still living in our hearts.
81. Many new houses had been built and roads had been widened.
82. It is more than ten months since we last met.
83. It’s very nice of you to help me with my lessons every day.
84. Nothing can live without air and water.
85. I prefer to live in the country rather than live in the city.
86. People must be stopped from throwing dirty things into the river.
87. Peter sets aside some money every month so that he can buy a new car.
88. Linda didn’t go to bed until midnight so that she could finish reading the book.
89. Early to bed and early to rise does good to your health.
90. More and more people are aware that it is important to obey the traffic rules.
91. Mrs. Brown is an Australian woman teacher with fair hair and blue eyes, who has been to many places of China.
92. On Sunday, May 18, we will visit Beijing, which has a history of 400 years.
93. I think students should balance well between work and study.
94. Friendship is one of the most precious emotions in our life.
95. It goes without saying that we cannot be young forever. (适用于自编名言)
96. Last but not least, it will definitely benefit the citizens.
97. With the increasingly rapid economic growth, more problems are brought to our attention.
98. The preservation of forests has aroused people’s wide concern.
99. As far as I’m concerned, I am in favor of the opinion that…
100. Both governments and ordinary citizens should join hands to make this world a better place to live in, not only for ourselves, but also for future generations.不仅仅是为了我们，更是为了我们的后代，政府和普通市民应该联合起来，使这个世界变成更美好的家园。
101. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.依照最近的一项调查，每年有4，000，000人死于与吸烟有关的疾病。
102. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.最近的调查显示相当多的孩子对家庭作业没什么好感。
103. No invention has received more praise and abuse than Internet.没有一项发明像互联网一样同时受到如此多的赞扬和批评。
104. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.人们似乎忽视了教育不应该随着毕业而结束这一事实。
105. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.越来越多的人开始意识到教育不是随着毕业而结束的。
106. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that it is a lifetime study.说到教育，大部分人认为其是一个终生的学习。
107. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.许多专家指出体育锻炼直接有助于身体健康。
108. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.应该采取适当的措施限制外国旅游者的数量，努力保护当地环境和历史不受国际旅游业的不利影响。
109. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime .越来越多的专家相信移民对城市的建设起到积极作用。然而，越来越多的城市居民却怀疑这种说法，他们抱怨民工给城市带来了许多严重的问题，像犯罪。
110. Many city residents complain that there is so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.许多市民抱怨城市的公交车太少，以至于他们要花很长时间等一辆公交车，而车上可能已满载乘客。
111. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it.无可否认，空气污染是一个极其严重的问题：城市当局应该采取有力措施来解决它。
112. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement.一项调查显示妇女欢迎退休。
113. A proper part-time job does not occupy students’ too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.一份适当的业余工作并不会占用学生太多的时间，事实上，把全部的时间都用到学习上并不健康，正如那句老话所说：只工作，不玩耍，聪明的孩子会变傻。
114. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.任何政府忽视这一点都将付出巨大的代价。
115. Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.当前，一提到即将开始的学校生活，许多学生都会兴高采烈。然而，对多数年轻人来说，校园刚开始的日子并不是什么愉快的经历。
116. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.考虑到问题的严重性，在事态进一步恶化之前，必须采取有效的措施。
117. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them withmore opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.大部分学生相信业余工作会使他们有更多机会发展人际交往能力，而这对他们未来找工作是非常有好处的。
118. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.无可争辩，现在有成千上万的人仍过着挨饿受冻的痛苦生活。
119. Although this view is wildly held, there is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.尽管这一观点被广泛接受，很少有证据表明教育能够在任何地点、任何年龄进行。
120. No one can deny the fact that a person’s education is the most important aspect of his life.没有人能够否认，教育是一个人生活中最重要的方面。